One of the most important concerns with home networking is ease of use.
To this end, we have been developing themes for the Amahi Linux Home Server, to make it more user friendly to use.
We’d like to announce the pre-alpha version of a theme generator for Amahi Linux Home Server.
It’s almost there to get it working! There’s only a bit missing.
svn co https://amahi.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/amahi/utils/theme-generator theme-generator
this will generate an rpm in the release/ directory.
- Generic theme
- Build infrastructure to create the rpm ready for release with proper versioning, etc.
- The script hda-generate-theme.
- This script has details inside of what needs to be done.
should be easy to do in perl, ruby, python … even bash.
(probably ruby is best, since there is some CamelCase work that needs to be done)
What needs to be done is basically this:
- Take a name for the theme
- Make a theme directory based on the enclosed generic theme
- Go through every (non-binary) file and substitute the name of the theme for the stubs in the file that act as placeholders for the name.
- The generic theme images (which is based on the iHama theme), should be changed to generic images.