This past week our App Master has made an effort of testing more apps that are ready for release and the team has unleashed several new and highly sought after Apps for Amahi 6 on the latest Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (as well as on Fedora 14). Here is part 1 of that list!
These range from big apps like Plex to nifty little apps that help at home and even more.
We hope you will enjoy now and stay tuned for more app releases soon.
The Amahi Team
PS: there is an Amahi 7 alpha 4 release that we would like you to test!
Plex Media Server seamlessly connects your Plex clients with all of your local and online media. The combination of centralized library management, streaming of online content, and powerful transcoding functionality provides an unrivaled level of flexibility and ease of use.
Please note that this application can take some time to download.
Plex Media Manager
- Effortlessly organize your media into a versatile library with multiple sections.
- Web-based for easy access from anywhere.
- Automatically retrieve metadata from the Internet.
- Complete customization of your library with a few clicks.
Plex Media Server runs on your HDA and serves your media to all of your Plex clients including:
- Plex Media Center for the Mac.
- iPad, iPhone and iPod touch devices via the Plex iOS app.
- Android devices via the Plex for Android app.
- Medialink enabled LG HDTVs and the LG Smart TV Upgrader. Even download, install and use Plex plugins from your TV.
- Samsung TV’s and BD Players using Plex for Samsung
… and more
Plex Media Server can co-exist with other media servers and media sharing services making it ideal for adding yet another dimension to your media sharing by enabling unique features that your Plex enabled clients can take advantage of.
Subsonic is a web-based media streamer, providing ubiquitous access to your music. Use it to share your music with friends, or to listen to your own music while at work. You can stream to multiple players simultaneously, for instance to one player in your kitchen and another in your living room.
Subsonic is designed to handle very large music collections (hundreds of gigabytes). Although optimized for MP3 streaming, it works for any audio or video format that can stream over HTTP, for instance AAC and OGG. By using transcoder plug-ins, Subsonic supports on-the-fly conversion and streaming of virtually any audio format, including WMA, FLAC, APE, Musepack, WavPack and Shorten.
If you have constrained bandwidth, you may set an upper limit for the bitrate of the music streams. Subsonic will then automatically resample the music to a suitable bitrate.
In addition to being a streaming media server, Subsonic works very well as a local jukebox. The intuitive web interface, as well as search and index facilities, are optimized for efficient browsing through large media libraries. Subsonic also comes with an integrated Podcast receiver, with many of the same features as you find in iTunes.
Based on Java technology, Subsonic runs on most platforms, including Windows, Mac, Linux and Unix variants.
Piwik is a downloadable, open source (GPL licensed) web analytics software package. It provides detailed reports on your website and its visitors, including the search engines and keywords they used, the language they speak, which pages they like, the files they download and so much more. Piwik aims to be an open source alternative to Google Analytics.Piwik is the leading open source web analytics software. However, there are dozens of other free and paid web analytics solutions; why choose Piwik?
One of the principle advantages of Piwik is that you are in control. Unlike remote-hosted services (like Google Analytics), you host Piwik on your own server. The installation process is very simple, and Piwik is just as simple to use and understand.
All the program’s features are built as plugins, which means you can easily add new plugins built by the community to customize your own Piwik installation. If you have specific needs then you can build a plugin that processes data in a different way.
Piwik is installed on your server, which gives you full control over your data. You can access the data easily via the Piwik API. Advanced users can also run manual queries on the database in order to build advanced reports.
Because you own your data, you don’t make it available to third-party companies which might reuse this data for other purposes.
todoyu is a web-based system for project management, time tracking, and billing specifically tailored to the needs of small-to-medium sized service agencies (e.g. lawyers, engineers and architects, services, advertising and PR agencies). It improves billing accuracy and timeliness, saving companies time and money, and removing risk from the billing process. A todoyu customer’s clients get visibility into the project work done on their behalf, improving customer relations.
Key features of the todoyu project management software:
- Projects and tasks: manage multiple projects in one instance, keep track of your deadlines, assign responsibilities to your team members
- Project management: always know what is happening and will happen in your projects, control deadlines, make sure you deliver on-time.
- Track time on a task base. With the billing module you can directly send out invoices based on your timesheets.
- Report: Create powerful reports based on your projects, tracked time, bills, working types and many more. All calculations are done in real time. There is no easier way to keep track of your daily work!
- Calendar: share dates for meetings, reminders, milestones, birthdays and many more. The calendar module reminds you by email or by a simple popup.
- Manage your contacts: persons and companies.
- Communicate with your customers with the help of the powerful commenting system.
- Share: Comments, ideas, files, contacts and much more.
- Focus on the essential: Running several projects parallel? Use the powerful filter functionality to focus on the essential. todoyu helps you to easily keep track of all the different deadlines, tasks and comments.
- Open Source, BSD license
- Web based